Friday, August 31, 2012

Mystery: The Second Edition is Here!

I am excited to announce that I have my first 100 copies of the new edition of my book, "Mystery at the Loyd Homeplace."  The new edition has the same text but is sleeker, printed front-back on a higher grade paper.  It features revised and improved quality photos and other graphics.



Other enhancements will be a continually growing on-line collection of photos and historical and family background.  As time goes on, I hope some of my school readers will utilize this site for research as well as inspiration for writing.

The groundwork has been laid for me to read the book aloud to all 5th graders at Sandhills Farm Life Elementary, my old school.  I also am working on arrangements to read the book in Atlanta, to students who live just a few miles from my family's old homeplace, as well as from the site of the Battle of Peachtree Creek and the Battle of Atlanta.

Please feel free to contact me concerning the book if you would either like a copy or if you know of a group that might like to hear about the book.  In school groups I generally read the book in two 90 minute sessions or three one-hour sessions.  Extra time is nice for some of the hands-on items I share, as well as for questions and answers.  I am on Facebook as Ken Loyd and my e-mail is kloyd1953@embarqmail.com.   Maybe someone you know qualifies to be a "Junior Historian," as Professor Hudson in my book refers to me and my brother Buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment