Sunday, October 21, 2012

GACS Welcomes "Mystery at the Loyd Homeplace"

This Thursday afternoon I will have a long-
awaited opportunity to share a presentation
about "Mystery at the Loyd Homeplace" with
over 100 fifth graders at Greater Atlanta Christian
School.  I am so excited about this event, partly
because they will be the first school group I have
shared with who live in the vicinity where all the
action of the book took place.  In fact, the school
is located just a few miles from the headwaters of
 famed Peachtree Creek, which enters into my tale.

This photo is a black-and-white of the Loyd
Homeplace as it still appears.  I will narrate
a slideshow that details not only the Loyd
mystery, but local history pre-dating and
including the Civil War.  My emphasis will
be on the triple themes of family, faith, and
history.  I hope all students come to realize
that they, too, have a story to tell.  And I
hope someday they'll tell it, perhaps to their
own children and grandchildren.


No comments:

Post a Comment